Rules are provided in English and Chinese (Simplified). Largely based on rules on ttdistas.es.
These rules, which all players must obey, are laid down to maintain realistic gameplay and for creating a respectful space between the players.
- Be respectful to other players (No offensive names, racist, etc).
- One company for each player, or one shared company by several players.
- Do not block or sabotage companies, industries or cities. It’s forbidden to take cargo from industries if there are other companies’ active stations. Hotels are excluded if they are associated with towns with at least 2500 inhabitants.
- No huge terraforming (sea, mountains, etc); use tunnels and bridges. Maximum 1 tile high for ditches and embankments.
- Never plant trees. The cost of planting trees is set to 2^16 times higher than the original, by which bankruptcies are not protected.
- Build a bridge or a tunnel instead of a level crossing if a rail line intersects with a road line to prevent accidents.
- It is forbidden to connect two land masses with bridges (unless it exists in the real world at real dates). Use ships or planes. Raising the sea is not allowed.
- Do not buy a big amount of land; just the needed to enlarge the station.
- No abuse of station spread. The station is allowed to be split into 2 parts, separated by a maximum of 5 squares between the parts (Manhattan distance). If one of the parts is not used by vehicles, it can only be 1 tile.
- Only companies that make a city grow can reserve the right to use the recyclables the city produces.
- If you are away from keyboard (AFK), move to “spectator” with the button “Spectate”.
- The server aims to create a satisfying parallel world. It is no need to fully recreate reality, but construction of transport lines and exploitation of towns and industries cannot be highly unlikely to happen in common sense. Do not build very long non-stop rail lines without any target except making money (e.g. Archangelsk – Beijing non-stop in Russia map). This breaks game balance and is against reality. Designing and planning transportation from the aspect of passengers and labourers, rather than money-oriented capitalists, could effectively tackle this issue.
- Newly planned passenger transport lines must connect with other passenger lines already built. For example, if a company built a passenger transport line between London and Paris, but there were no transport connections between Paris and Luxembourg, it would be prohibited for this company to build passenger transport lines between Luxembourg and Frankfurt.
- Do not build roads which disallow houses to be built along them in cities except designated highways or elevated roads.
- The number of available companies is limited. Companies that are obviously inactive will be deleted.
- When infrastructure sharing is turned on, make sure you are sharing or being shared without causing breakdowns of transport systems (such as using trains that are too long, thus stuck at the platforms).
- When vehicle braking is turned on, make sure each vehicle can go to the depot regularly, in particular when rule 16 is applied.
- Speak English when you want to communicate with those who do not understand your language, or in public.
These rules are for guidance only and are subject to change without notice. Playing on this server implies acceptance of these rules. The server administrators, represented by company 1 “John Franklin Transport” or similar, reserve the right to make any changes to the game. Companies that violate these rules may be eliminated, and their players temporarily or permanently banned.
Updated 7 September 2023
服务器维护者， John Franklin（通常为公司1），有权不经公告而修改本规则。服务器玩家默认同意规则。违反规则的公司可能被清除，玩家的IP地址可能会被暂时或永久封禁。